CEO of S & G Services
Juli Claussen is a search professional and genealogist with over 40 years of experience in genealogical research. Additionally, she has over 20 years of experience finding living people, including locating missing heirs, land and mineral owners. She is CEO of Search & Genealogy Services — an award-winning small business. Juli is a Search Angel and Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness volunteer. She has found families of the terminally ill, families of police officers killed in the line of duty and reunites families for those who cannot afford services. She is active in the community and a frequent speaker at local and regional genealogical society programs.
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Public Record Retrieve Network (PRRN)
- Jackson County Historical Society
- Genealogy Society of Southern Illinois
- National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution, Daniel Brush Chapter (past member, in good standing)
- Trained for adoption searches under the late Edward “Mike” Egan — the premier Illinois adoption search professional
- Specialized genealogical training received through countless workshops, classes and conferences
- Notary Public.
- Bachelors degree in Social Work, Southern Illinois University, 1982
- 2021 Winner of Best of Murphysboro Awards in the category of Genealogist.
- 2015 Recipient of Connect SI/AT&T “Smart Broadband for Small Business” grant award (recognizes micro-enterprises doing unique, innovative, and compelling business applications)
- “History Detective”, Southern Illinoisan, 2006; picked up by other newspapers throughout the Midwest
- “Priceless Family Heirlooms Returned” and “Mayday Off the Coast of North Korea”, Southern Illinoisan, 2000
- Recipient of the 1994 Alumni of the Year Award, Social Work, Southern Illinois University