Adoption Search Information and Resources
: Every member of the adoption triad is represented on my team. This term is used to describe the three-sided relationship that exists in an adoption between birth parents, adoptive parents and the adoptee, each of which is interconnected on the others. An understanding of the complicated dynamics between each member of the adoption triad is essential for an adoption search professional. My background as a social worker, my own family’s experiences related to adoptions, and my many years assisting with searches and reunions equips me for this work.
- Adoptee request for Original Birth Certificate (OBC) from state of Illinois - form - Click Here
- Birthparent request for Original Birth Certificate (OBC) of their child who was born in Illinois - form - Click Here
- Request for Original Birth Certificate (OBC) of your deceased adopted spouse, parent or grandparent from Illinois - form - Click Here
- Info on the Illinois Adoption Registry - Click Here
- The Illinois Adoption Registry application - form - Click Here