Genealogical Resources in my personal collection and nearby repositories
- Rare 20th century Illinois resources such as birth indexes, marriage indexes, Chicago phone books and vehicle registrations.
- The largest archive of Southern Illinois newspapers, as well as the major Chicago newspapers, at Morris Library, SIU, Carbondale.
- Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD) at SIU-Carbondale, which holds many early county records from the southern region of the state.
- Jackson County Clerk’s and Circuit Clerk’s offices---well known to the staff and allowed easy access to records.
- The LDS Family History Center at Murphysboro, through which the LDS holdings at Salt Lake can be accessed.
- The Jackson County Historical Society library, a large genealogical collection.
- Brehm Library, Mt. Vernon, Illinois which has a huge collection of genealogical materials focused on Southern Illinois.
- The Genealogical Society of the Southern Illinois’ extensive collection at John A. Logan College, Carterville.
- Courthouses in Jackson, Union, Williamson, Perry, Randolph, Franklin and Washington Counties, Illinois.
Contact us about your family history project Today - Click Here